Cloning Zelda, intermission
I'm hard at work on Part 5, and I hope to get it done soon so I can put more effort into blogging about it.
Meanwhile, a couple of notes:
- In making some changes to the image format for Part 5, I accidentally broke the sword sprites in Part 4. (Oops!) It's now fixed.
- I added a new index page of sorts to keep track of the Zelda/Canvassa progress; it's here.
- That page also includes a revised tasklist for "Phase 1" of my plans for Canvassa; dungeons and bosses would be a huge undertaking over and above what I've already bitten off, and I'm not yet sure that committing to doing it is wise for my sanity's sake.
- I just discovered yesterday that my dumb CSS-based layout still doesn't render right on all browsers/window sizes. I'm about THIS close to just rewriting the whole page template using HTML tables and being done with it.
- Yes, I know Part 4 doesn't work in IE or Chrome. I wouldn't be surprised if I broke it in Safari and Opera, too. :( All I can say is, I'm working on it.*
I'm considering using Dojo.require() to keep track of loading order and dependencies for me, but on the other hand, maybe I ought to just slap the whole thing into a single .js file and be done with it. Still pondering pros and cons on that one.