Palagpat Coding

Fun with JavaScript, game theory, and the occasional outbreak of seriousness

Saturday, April 25, 2009

JSConf Wrap-up and Tweets

Had a fantastic weekend at JSConf here in DC. Huge thanks to my employer, White Oak Technologies, for sending my team & I.

Here's a summary of the messages I sent out from Twitter during the conference yesterday and today:

  • sitting in a packed conference room learning about Objective-J. No idea yet where my coworkers are at [Original Tweet]
  • I suppose I shouldn't be as surprised as I am that so many of the webmonkeys here are Mac people... [Original Tweet]
  • @jsconf track A has some cool topics, the seating is sub-optimal tho... seating in Track B is way nicer [Original Tweet]
  • @paul_irish just gave a great talk on web typography... awesome to see this guy in person after following his blog for months [Original Tweet]
  • Awesome demo of Appcelerator Titanium by @jhaynie, gotta find a way to use this.. [Original Tweet]
  • Despite a few glitches, the JavascriptMVC pres was pretty good. Not 100% convinced that MVC really "works" for web apps, tho [Original Tweet]
  • urg, stupid phone battery dying from too much wifi usage - and the kicker is that g3 is faster anyway! =P [Original Tweet]
  • @jeresig Awesome talk on web gaming challenges, thanks for sharing! [Original Tweet]
  • RT @jhaynie: @jeresig presentation was incredibly awesome. [Original Tweet]
  • @phiggins rocks. He's a great ambassador for Dojo, and he totally helped me iron out require/declare/provide in the hacker lounge. [Original Tweet]
  • @jsconf Thanks for an awesome conference. Already planning on JSConf2010. [Original Tweet]

I think the thing I enjoyed the most about this weekend, over and above the awesome food and great demos of cutting-edge advancements in my field, was the opportunity to connect with so many of my peers in the industry at large. It's really easy to get bogged down in the immediacy of the "now", so it's always nice to step back and examine why I do what I do, and why I enjoy it so much.

Oh, and Peter Higgins, the lead guy behind Dojo, gave me a little personal help in getting the Dojo load system working. So, that next article in my Cloning Zelda series is finally progressing. :)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home