Palagpat Coding

Fun with JavaScript, game theory, and the occasional outbreak of seriousness

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

In Case You Missed It: JSConf.us 2010 (day 1)

Last weekend, the second annual JSConf conference was held in Washington DC. If you've been reading for a while, you know I went last year and loved it. This year, unfortunately, my work and personal schedules conflicted, so this week I'm playing catch-up: looking over the published schedule, then picking through the Twitter streamfirehose to find the presenters, and where possible, the slides they presented.

In doing this, it occurred to me that there may be value in what I'm putting together, at least until the conference's producers can catch their breath and upload the session videos (which, experience tells me, might take a little while). With that introduction, I present to you the first of what may become an ongoing series, which I'm calling In Case You Missed It:

In Case You Missed It: JSConf.us 2010

Day 1: Saturday, April 17, 2010

Speaker(s)Topic
TRACK A
Douglas CrockfordReally. JavaScript.
Michael ErlewineMozilla's JetPack
Ben Galbraith, Dion Almaer, & Matt McNultySolving Device Fragmentation: How Do You Support 12,320 Different Mobile Platforms?
Francisco TolmaskySocratic: Documentation Done Right
Jenn LukasJavaScript and Web Standards Sitting in a Tree
Ryah DahlLess is More in Node.js
Tobias SchneiderFlash is dead, long live Flash! (Gordon: a pure-JS Flash replacement)
Aaron NewtonProgramming To Patterns (per Guillermo Rauch)
Tom Hughes-CroucherPiratin' the YQL way
Aaron QuintMaking Bacon: Making Code (video, blog)
TRACK B
Chris Williams (JSConf co-creator)How I Pulled off JSConf
Brian MitchellJavaScript's Twin (Lua for JavaScript developers)
Jeremy AshkenasA Cup of CoffeeScript
Paul IrishProgressive Advancement on the High Seas of Web8
Zach CarterBuild your own programming language with JavaScript
Michael MahemoffThe Lost Hacks Ridiculous Browser Tricks from the World of Single-Page Applications
Nikolai OnkenThe browser controlling hardware real pirate hackery
Nikolai Onken & Tobias von KlipsteinWhat the heck are HTML5 Apps?
John ResigCall for a better DOM API
Kevin Dangoor & Patrick WaltonBespin: the extensible in-browser code editor
Jeffrey Van GoghThe Reactive Extensions for JavaScript
Alistair MacDonaldWebGL Demo Overload
Matthew FowleNew Web Architecture *

As of this morning, this is what I could find. If there are slide decks from other talks online that I don't have linked here, please note it in the comments below, and I'll update accordingly.

Footnotes:

  • This is actually Matthew Fowle's ScruvyConf presentation; he did his Track B presentation slides on the fly.

Updates:

  • 2010/04/20 1:12pm - akahn mentioned in the comments that the title of Aaron Quint's talk was wrong; I took the original published name, but the slides carry a different one. The table now reflects both.
  • 2010/04/20 2:35pm - Looking over this table, I realized I'd left off the entire back half of Track B. It's there now.
  • 2010/04/20 10:13pm - Ray mentioned in the comments that Jed Schmidt's (fab) talk was moved to Day 2 Track A, so I've removed it from the Track B list here.
  • 2010/04/25 - Matthew Fowle sent me his contact info, so I've linked him up above.
  • 2010/04/28 - Chris Williams has provided me more of the slide decks that the presenters gave to the JSConf organizers. I will be putting these online and linking to them as they become available; this morning I've linked up Tobias Schneider's Gordon slides.
  • 2010/05/04 - Guillermo Rauch over at DevThought has posted his list of JSConf slides, and had a few I'd missed; I've added these now.

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

  • At 12:11 PM , Blogger akahn said...

    It looks like your link to Aaron Quint's talk is actually Making Bacon: Making Code, not "The front-end takeover or how to use Sammy.js to stop writing server side code."

     
  • At 1:12 PM , Blogger Rylee Corradini said...

    @akahn: You're right. Looks like Aaron changed his presentation name between submission and exhibition; I'll make a note, thanks.

     
  • At 7:54 PM , Blogger Ray Daly said...

    The (fab) presentation was moved from B track to replace dirty SQL track A talk due to ash.

     
  • At 9:13 PM , Blogger Rylee Corradini said...

    @Ray: Thanks, I'll make that change.

     
  • At 3:31 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    @Buyog, if you're interested in also indexing any kind of JSConf meta-content, I've got an article and photos:

    http://benalman.com/news/2010/04/jsconf-x/
    http://benalman.com/photo/sets/72157623781707905/

    - Ben

     
  • At 6:57 PM , Blogger Paul Irish said...

    Hey ryan, thx for putting this together.

    My slides: http://www.slideshare.net/paul.irish/progressive-advancement-in-web8

     
  • At 7:24 PM , Blogger Rylee Corradini said...

    @Ben: I may just do that, thanks for the links.

    @Paul: Excellent, thanks. I've updated the table.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home